Summer recap/highlights:
1. Started distance ed classes because they weren't offered on campus. Plus, I didn't know where I was going to be during the summer. That was a joy. It required me to drop a bunch of money for some photocopied readings...most of which I didn't even read. By the end of the course, I realized that distance courses probably weren't the best method of learning for me. To date, I have completed one of the two distance ed courses. The incomplete one being a "do at your own pace" type of course. Booooo for being unmotivated.
2. Worked for the summer at a little NGO in Victoria called "LifeCycles". My job required me to do mucho research on... stuff. Environmental and community stuff. I have a manual written by yours truly to show for it. And bi-monthly pay cheques.
3. Went to the World Urban Forum III (WUF III). It was neat, mostly because it was the first UN thing I've ever been to/been involved with. I've already posted some long rambly thing on it.
4. Had "The Greatest Weekend Ever" aka Canada Day long weekend. This consisted of:
a)
b) Fioner and her man, Jay, coming to Victoria for the long weekend.

c) The "Three Musketeers" being reunited!

d) Watching fireworks from a rooftop.
e) Having dinner and catching up with Jacquie.
5. Agnes was back in Vancouver for a couple of weeks (from Taiwan)and took a trip to Victoria for a visit. She was my first "real" visitor. We got matching wicked Batman-esque utility belts with perfect little pockets in which to put little pellets to throw at "bad guys". Obviously.
6. Went to CAMP GOODTIMES!!!

A fabulous time with some Fabulous boys.
7. Roly and Moses got married!!!
8. My sister flew in from Edmonton for a quick weekend visit. The two of us spent her last night in BC staying up until 2:30am chit-chatting. I had to get up at 5am to catch a ferry that same morning. But! It was worth it.
9. Linus was back in Vancouver for a couple of weeks. Got to hang out with him for only a short period of time, but it was really great to see him. I also went for a bike-ride with Grace and Gary. I mention this because it's the first time I'd gone bicycling in a LONG time!!
10. Had another great long weekend aka Labour Day Weekend. I got to hang out with Nikki and Seb who were in town and I got to see Jacquie and Antonio. Nikki, Seb and I went to dinner at "Temple", a nice restaurant with some oh-so-yummy food. *drool* for the rack of lamb!! Then, we went to "The Social", which further reaffirmed that I'm NOT a clubbing person. But I still had a good time with some fun people, such as Crazy Priscilla and her funny friends. For the most part, I ended up sitting and drinking and talking (yelling?) at some people, including Jacquie. I remember talking to her about shopping. She told me about "Flavour" and I told her about "The Patch". Not the most typical clubbing-type of conversation or activity, but WHO CARES???
Nikki, Seb, Jacquie, Antonio, Ted and I all went out for brunch on Monday. We went to Avalon, a little funky diner. I love breakfast! Then, Ted and I went and played mini-golf. Boy, do I suck, but I got a few hole-in-ones which meant that I got to do my embarrassing victory dance. And the mini-golf course was quite busy, but I did the yelling and stuff, anyway.
(Pictures to come!! Thanks in advance, Nikki....and Jacquie, maybe?? If you read this!)
11. Random comment: Dave Wang went to China. I didn't notice and I was apparently supposed to. And now, he's hurt. Here's a picture of him in China holding a little monkey. Poor monkey. The monkey was apparently quite naughty and didn't like Dave. Good monkey. *BIG SMILE, DAVE!!!*

That was my summer, for the most part. And now, school has started again and I'm frantically trying to cram for a final I have this Saturday. Ok, obviously not so frantically since I'm posting this stupid entry....
1. Started distance ed classes because they weren't offered on campus. Plus, I didn't know where I was going to be during the summer. That was a joy. It required me to drop a bunch of money for some photocopied readings...most of which I didn't even read. By the end of the course, I realized that distance courses probably weren't the best method of learning for me. To date, I have completed one of the two distance ed courses. The incomplete one being a "do at your own pace" type of course. Booooo for being unmotivated.
2. Worked for the summer at a little NGO in Victoria called "LifeCycles". My job required me to do mucho research on... stuff. Environmental and community stuff. I have a manual written by yours truly to show for it. And bi-monthly pay cheques.
3. Went to the World Urban Forum III (WUF III). It was neat, mostly because it was the first UN thing I've ever been to/been involved with. I've already posted some long rambly thing on it.
4. Had "The Greatest Weekend Ever" aka Canada Day long weekend. This consisted of:
a)
b) Fioner and her man, Jay, coming to Victoria for the long weekend.

c) The "Three Musketeers" being reunited!

d) Watching fireworks from a rooftop.
e) Having dinner and catching up with Jacquie.
5. Agnes was back in Vancouver for a couple of weeks (from Taiwan)and took a trip to Victoria for a visit. She was my first "real" visitor. We got matching wicked Batman-esque utility belts with perfect little pockets in which to put little pellets to throw at "bad guys". Obviously.
6. Went to CAMP GOODTIMES!!!

A fabulous time with some Fabulous boys.
7. Roly and Moses got married!!!
8. My sister flew in from Edmonton for a quick weekend visit. The two of us spent her last night in BC staying up until 2:30am chit-chatting. I had to get up at 5am to catch a ferry that same morning. But! It was worth it.
9. Linus was back in Vancouver for a couple of weeks. Got to hang out with him for only a short period of time, but it was really great to see him. I also went for a bike-ride with Grace and Gary. I mention this because it's the first time I'd gone bicycling in a LONG time!!
10. Had another great long weekend aka Labour Day Weekend. I got to hang out with Nikki and Seb who were in town and I got to see Jacquie and Antonio. Nikki, Seb and I went to dinner at "Temple", a nice restaurant with some oh-so-yummy food. *drool* for the rack of lamb!! Then, we went to "The Social", which further reaffirmed that I'm NOT a clubbing person. But I still had a good time with some fun people, such as Crazy Priscilla and her funny friends. For the most part, I ended up sitting and drinking and talking (yelling?) at some people, including Jacquie. I remember talking to her about shopping. She told me about "Flavour" and I told her about "The Patch". Not the most typical clubbing-type of conversation or activity, but WHO CARES???
Nikki, Seb, Jacquie, Antonio, Ted and I all went out for brunch on Monday. We went to Avalon, a little funky diner. I love breakfast! Then, Ted and I went and played mini-golf. Boy, do I suck, but I got a few hole-in-ones which meant that I got to do my embarrassing victory dance. And the mini-golf course was quite busy, but I did the yelling and stuff, anyway.
(Pictures to come!! Thanks in advance, Nikki....and Jacquie, maybe?? If you read this!)
11. Random comment: Dave Wang went to China. I didn't notice and I was apparently supposed to. And now, he's hurt. Here's a picture of him in China holding a little monkey. Poor monkey. The monkey was apparently quite naughty and didn't like Dave. Good monkey. *BIG SMILE, DAVE!!!*

That was my summer, for the most part. And now, school has started again and I'm frantically trying to cram for a final I have this Saturday. Ok, obviously not so frantically since I'm posting this stupid entry....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home