November 07, 2006

Gee, I don't even know today's date. Yup, it's that time of the year again, when the days just sort of blur into one paper after another. But that's ok. It's all part of the academic process.

I'm starting to realize that my time in sleepy Victoria might be running down fairly soon. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've made some great friends here, had some fun times, learned more about the type of person I think I'd like to grow up to be... I've even been working on developing a more positive inner attitude. I usually try to be the cheerleader/supporter of people (in between my bouts of being sarcastic...oh! look how multi-faceted I am! hee hee), but sometimes I forget that I need a bit of personal cheerleading, too.

I guess this comes in the face of yet ANOTHER "I'm a Catholic-in-recovery" comment I heard today. I seem to hear that and similar comments quite a bit in my program. What's wrong with being Catholic? Ok, so the Pope probably wouldn't like me all that much or may even call me a "Buffet Catholic" (oh *gasp*). And the Church itself isn't without its many failings and hypocricies but I find that personally, it serves to remind me that when I do things for people, I should be doing it for them and not because I necessarily expect anything in return. I guess I like the reminder that it's not always about debts and repayments and whether we're "even".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, such a reflective post
reminds me of the monologues at the end of each episode of The Wonder Years

3:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home